Thursday, September 24, 2009

Terry Fox :)

Terry Fox is a hero to many of us. He only had one leg because he got cancer in his right leg, so he had to amputate that leg. Every morning Terry would wake up and then run more of the marathon. Sometimes I wish I could be as brave as Terry and be able to wake up and just start running a marathon. It takes a lot of courage to run a long way and then not be able to come back because you have died. Everything in your life can change day by day. You can lose everything you ever had or gain it all. It's really your choice how you want to live it but sometimes you dont have a choice when you die. Terry Fox had to stop in Thunder Bay because the cancer in his right leg has spread to his lungs and he died in Thunder Bay. Imagine how his family felt when they heard that he had died from cancer. It would be very shocking because everyone knew that he wanted to finish the race he had started. But he knows that he did extremely well. Take me for instance I could never run that far without stopping every once in a while. It would be very hard. Terry was very popular because of this race and his determination. He was a very courageous person. He had to run in very good weather and bad weather. He knew that he could stop but he wanted to finish this race in a descent place, not last. In my opinion I think Terry should have came in first place because it wasn't his fault that he had cancer and had to stop. He was determined to finish the race in any kind of condition he was in. Terry had ran 143 days, just think about how many kilometers that could be. I applaud his courage and determination. He has really made a difference in the world. He is my hero...Is he yours?

1 comment:

  1. I like how you wrote a lot about Terry Fox. I like how you told what he did. What would have made it better was if it was shorter.

    ReplyDelete